"Just to let you know how delighted we are with the work you completed last week on our warehouse floor, especially given the difficult circumstances the team were working in. They were all very hard working and courteous, and worked with our in-house team and over the weekend to make...Colour Master
Why is the condition of your warehouse floor important?
Anyone who runs a business from a warehouse will understand that the warehouse floor, and the state of it, is vital to the success of a business. With the increase of stacking heights allowed, the floor quality has become more crucial with any imperfections magnified.
Given the importance that should be placed on the flooring, it is still surprising that many businesses do not have a great floor. This can be attributed to the fact that the floor is one of the easiest components to get wrong and fixing it can be time consuming and is very difficult to do without having an impact on production. For this reason, it is often left until it becomes so poor, safety issues arise and something has to be done.
The majority of warehouse floors receive daily abuse leading to defects on a constant basis. The most common example is failure to repair the small defects until they turn into large ones.
In a study conducted recently, warehouse workers and managers gave reasons why they failed to fix floors, which resulted in the following consistent findings:
- 92 percent – No time for repairs
- 89 percent – Inadequate maintenance manpower
- 84 percent – Not corporate priority
- 78 percent – No money in the budget
- 61 percent – Lack of training/knowledge
- 53 percent – Cannot tolerate the dust, water and noise involved in repairs
What can happen if defects are left?
- Lift trucks will be damaged as cushioned tyres are not designed to be sued on rough floors
- Vehicle operators will suffer injury such as back pain
- Productivity will be reduced as speed will need to be slower for moving things around and you may not be bale to stock as much if it is unsafe to stand on floor areas.
- Impact on housekeeping and sanitation as crack can lead to debris and dust collecting.
- More downtime for your business and increased costs for multiple ongoing repairs and damage.
The reasons above highlight how important it is to deal with warehouse flooring issues straight away. If you have noticed a problem with your industrial floor, it is important to act now and this is where PSR Flooring can help.
To discuss your current issues or talk through a problem you may have, please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of our team today by clicking here.
Featured Work: Kingsgate Shopping Centre Car Park
Kingsgate Shopping Centre is the in the Heart of our hometown Huddersfield and we were delighted when we recently won a contract that was part of their half a million pound Car Park Rejuvenation project this summer. PSR Industrial Flooring were appointed by client Kingsgate Shopping Centre to apply a Car Park Decking System to their 3 Story Car Park […]Read More
"Thank you for all your help and communication with bringing our flooring project to a satisfactory conclusion. The team you sent were friendly and professional and have done a very good job so please pass on our thanks to them also"Celotex
"We have been working with PSR Industrial Flooring for the last 10 years. During this time, we have worked in collaboration in repairing both our internal and external floors. PSR have understood the demands of our operation and have always been looking at new materials to speed up the repair to be...David Hopkin, Coca Cola